Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
PCMH is a model of care designed to improve the coordination of your health care with an emphasis on your all-around well-being. We will work with other health care providers to take care of you. As your care team, we will involve you in decisions about your health and health care, and thus be able to develop a stronger relationship with you. You will also have easier access to us through office visits, secure patient portal messages and phone contact. These are all elements in our PCMH approach to your care.
OUR ROLES IN WORKING TOGETHER
As your primary care provider, we will:
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Learn about you, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences.
- Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your all-around well-being using the latest evidence based medicine.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your vaccines and preventive screening tests.
- Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc.) and coordinate your care with them as your health needs change.
- Be available to you by telephone and secure patient portal Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm and Fridays 8am-3pm.
- Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand your condition(s) and all your options.
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you – and your calls – in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for your care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
- Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you’re using, and questions you may have.
- Let us know when you see other health care providers so we can help coordinate the best care for you.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Understand your health condition: ask questions about your care and tell us when you don’t understand.
- Learn about your condition(s) and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Follow the plan that we have agreed is best for your health.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Call if you do not receive your test results within one week.
- Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
- If possible, contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can care for you.
- Contact the office within 48 hours of discharge from hospitals, emergency rooms or urgent care centers like Quick Care or MedExpress.
- Agree that all health care providers in my care team will receive all information related to your health care.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage and contact them if you have any questions about your benefits.
- Pay your share of any fees.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.